Tuesday 6 January 2015

Sufi singer Mudasir Ali Kashmiri Singer





"Music is my soul," confesses the 25-year-old Mudasir Ali of Zoonimar Eidgah, Srinagar. He grew up sneaking out from school to listen and learn music at very young age. When valley woke up to the sound of gunshots rather than the sound of birds Mudasir found solace in Sufi music.

 "As a little boy, it was very unnerving. For days, I could not go out, or attend school. I found my solace in music. It was a world of my own where no one else could enter. My musical sojourn began then," says Ali.
However in a strife-torn Kashmir it was not easy to be a musician. But nothing deterred this young man. Performances in school in various events and soon, Ali grew up to be a fine young musician who played the keyboard, the piano, the guitar, and the drums.
 
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Pakistani Sufi singer, has been his childhood inspiration. But as Ali grew up, every melody was an inspiration, every musical instrument beckoned him and that feeling has never ceased.

"I am awaiting my album, a tribute to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, an Indo-Pak peace anthem and my Kashmiri folk album and the film songs. Music is my life. So when I am not singing, I compose play various instruments and learn, growth is eternal he adds", Ali feels very fortunate to have learnt from veteran Gh Rasool Akhoon. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment